In 1943, Clyde Beatty joined Ray Rogers' Wallace Bros. show which toured as Clyde Beatty and Wallace Bros. Circus Combined. In 1944 he moved to the west coast to be a part of Clyde Beatty and Russell Bros. Circus. In the winter of 1945 he purchased the Wallace Bros. show and opened in April of 1945 as the Clyde Beatty Circus. After closing a successful 1945 season,the truck show was sold to Floyd King. Batty rturned to the west coast, purchased controlling interest in the Russell Bros. Pan Pacific Circus that Art Concello had framed the year before using mostly equipment from the Beckman Gerety railroad carnival, and created a rails show.
"The only three elephants on the Clyde Beatty-Wallace Bros. Show in 1943 were all owned by Clyde Beatty. He had receivd them from the Cole Bros. Circus for non-payment years before. They were Anna May, Mary, and Sidney. They joined with the five Russell Bros. Circus elephants and one owned by Jack Joyce in 1944.