Circus Barlay (Olympia, Berolina), located in Neustadt an der Orla, in Germany, was founded in 1935. Circus Barlay (Olympia, Berolina) closed down in 1960.
1931: Carola Althoff married Reinhold Kwasnik, AKA Harry Barlay (1898-1989), and with the help from her father Dominik Althoff they founded a circus, but Carola soon returned to her fathers circus with her son Reinhold (artist name Holdy Barlay). Later Carola Althoff married equestrian Harry Williams (1902-1951) and established Circus Williams.
Even later Mr Kwasnik escaped to West Germany.
The Circus was renamed to Olympia, after this Circus Berolina.
1960: The circus merged into Berlin Circus Union VEB
30´s: Elephant keeper Erwin Bauer (Came from Circus Kludsky)