George B. Chapman, located at Tottenham Court Road, in London, in United Kingdom. George B. Chapman closed down in 1935.
George Chapman (G.B. Chapman) was an animal dealer and owner of Chapmans London Zoo Circus. He was also a co-founder of Belfast Zoo in 1934. Chapman died on March 15 1935 and the running of the zoo was passed to his sister, Ada who continued to run the zoo until March 12 1940.
1923: 8 asian elephants were bought to Circus Kludsky from Chapman. One male fell off the train and died on the way from trader. 8 indian mahouts came with the elephants and stayed with the circus.
1933 December 6: London; An elephant which was majestically traversing London on Its way to the premises of an animal dealer in Tottenham Court Road, caused a sensation among the spectators along the populous Bath Road, Chiswick, when he unexpectedly trumpeted and stampeded a collier´s horse, which already had been regarding Jumbo with deep suspicion. A woman calmly stopped the horse, and then resumed her shopping.
The elephant subsequently relieved the tedium of his long tramp by but-Fix this text ting a motor car in Holland Park Avenue-a street which carries the most traffic of any street in West London and sent the spare wheel careering down the hill.
Then it strolled to the entrance of the Mitre Hotel, and wedged itself In the doorway until closing time in the afternoon. It was lured away by a woman with a bag of sweets, after a vain recourse had been made io buns, biscuit, ten pints of beer, and combined vigorous pushes and the shoves by an enthusiastic crowd, who were cheered on by mobs of excited little boys. Jumbo, on yielding to feminine diplomacy, docilely followed the woman to his destination In Tottenham Court