Mabie Brothers United States Olympic Circus (Jerry Mabie Menagerie and Circus), in Delavan, United States, was founded in 1852. Mabie Brothers United States Olympic Circus (Jerry Mabie Menagerie and Circus) closed down in 1864 in Delavan, .
Founded as E. F. & J. Mabie’s circus by brothers Edmund (1810-October 26, 1867) and Jeremiah “Jerry” (June 12, 1812-August 31, 1867), sons to Joshua and Elizabeth Gifford Mabie from New York. Edmund and his wife, Laura Buckley, had 8 children; Jeremiah and Anna Mary Field had 3.
1840: Mabie's Circus hires Seth B. Howes as the manager and director
1841: they formed a partnership with Nathan A. Howes to operate the New York Circus, sometimes advertised as the Olympic Circus.
1843: Nathan A. Howes left the firm and Jeremiah Mabie took a year off, leaving management in the hands of Seth B. Howes and Edmund F. Mabie.
1846: Seth B. Howes sold out his interest.
1847: title was changed to Grand Olympic Arena and United States Circus, with Edmund as manager.
1847: Jeremiah managed the company, 1849, after which the brothers spent less time traveling with the show; Pardon A. Older bought a one-third interest this year. Older became manager.
1852: the title changing for the summer season to Great United States Circus of Older & Co.
1852-11: Edmund and Jeremiah Mabie entered into contract with with leading menagerie entrepreneur James Raymond, and toured under title of Mabie & Co.’s United States Circus and Raymond & Co. and Driesbach & Co.’s Menageries Combined, Pardon A. Older still the manager.
1853: the Raymond name was dropped from the title.
1854: Older sold his third of the firm back to the Mabies this year.
1861: title was E. F. & J. Mabie and J. J. Nathans Combined. Mabie’s Great Show.
1862: Mabie’s Grand Menagerie
1863: following year marked the end of the Mabie tours.
1865: Adam Forepaugh and John V. "Pogey" O'Brien purchased the Jerry Mabie Menagerie, consisting of 12 cages, two elephants and other animals, for $25,000.