Aarhus Zoo (Århus Zoologisk Have) in Denmark


Present selection >>>
Aarhus Zoo (Århus Zoologisk Have)
Elephants with Asian Mahout, about 1932
Elephants with Asian Mahout, about 1932

Typezoo
Founded1932
First elephant arrived1935
Last elephant left1960
Closed down1960
Address Tivoli Friheden
Place Aarhus
Country Denmark
Random literature
Description

Aarhus Zoo (Århus Zoologisk Have), located at Tivoli Friheden, in Aarhus, Denmark , was founded in 1932 and the first elephant arrived in 1935. The last elephant left in 1960. Aarhus Zoo (Århus Zoologisk Have) closed down in 1960 in Aarhus, .


Comments / picturesFounded in 1932 by Axel Hutzelsider (1882-1959), and later with assistans from his son Hubert Hutzelsider (1906-1973), the zoo suffered from the second world war, and the Zoo was leased to Chr. Jensen (dead 1950) and after his death to Kay Bøegh, who finished the leasing in 1960.

The Zoo closed and the animals were sold.

References for records about Aarhus Zoo (Århus Zoologisk Have)

Recommended Citation

Koehl, Dan (2021). Aarhus Zoo (Århus Zoologisk Have), Elephant Encyclopedia. Available online at https://www.elephant.se/location2.php?location_id=1247. (archived at the Wayback machine)


Search more with Google for Aarhus Zoo (Århus Zoologisk Have)The link will automatically include Aarhus Zoo (Århus Zoologisk Have) and open a new browser window.


Search more on the Internet Web for Aarhus Zoo (Århus Zoologisk Have)The link will automatically include Aarhus Zoo (Århus Zoologisk Have) and open a new browser window

Categories zoo in Denmark | Denmark Portal | europe Portal


About this documentThis document was updated: 2021-10-22 03:07:40 with valid HTML5 Valid CSS


Elephant Encyclopedia and database
ELEPHANT
ENCYCLOPEDIA

Established 1995
ELEPHANT
DATABASE
Established 2006
Your ip: 3.80.3.192