Circus Busch-Nürnberg (Jakob Busch), located in Nuremberg, in Germany.
Founded by Jacob Busch (1879–1948) and his wife Wilhelmine (1888-1950). Also known as Circus Busch Wanderschau. Circus Busch traveled with a large menagerie, including a herd of twelve elephants trained by the legendary Sri Lankan trainer Epi Vidane.
1879: Jakob Busch was born on November 5, 1879 in Würzburg, in Northern Bavaria, Germany.
The circus was during the last year of WW2 ran by Jacobs adopted son, Fritz van der Heydt.
1948: Jacob Busch died April 16, 1948 in Nuremberg.
1948: Jakob’s wife, Wilhelmina took over direction.
1951: The circus became nationalized.
1955: The circus bought four young elephants from Netherlands.
1960: The circus merged into Berlin Circus Union VEB.
1990: The circus was closed, and Circus Busch-Roland bought the name and what was left of Circus Busch’s equipment.