Het kleine Loo menagerie elephants in Netherlands


Het kleine Loo menagerie
Typeprivate

Owner1749-1751: Prince William IV of Orange
1751-1759: Princess Anne of Hanover
1759-1786: Prince William V of Orange
Founded1749
First elephant arrived1784
Opened for public1749
Last elephant left1786
Closed down1786
Address Voorburg
Place Haag
Country Netherlands

Directors1771-1786: Aernout Vosmaer (1720—1799)

Key People

Veterinarians

Elephant department

Head keepers
of elephants

Elephant keepers
Google map
Relevant literature
Description

Het kleine Loo menagerie elephants, located at Voorburg, in Haag, Netherlands , was founded in 1749, opened for public in 1749 and the first elephant arrived in 1784. The last elephant left in 1786. Het kleine Loo menagerie elephants closed down in 1786 in Haag, .


Comments / picturesDue to political circumstances, the Stadholder had to sell the estate at Voorburg, popularly called Loo, in 1786, and all animals was relocated to the older menageri at Oude Loo near Apeldoorn, which is still in possession of the royal family.

References for records about Het kleine Loo menagerie

Recommended Citation

Koehl, Dan (2021). Het kleine Loo menagerie, Elephant Encyclopedia. Available online at https://www.elephant.se/location2.php?location_id=1476. (archived at the Wayback machine)

Sources used for this article is among others:



Search more with Google for Het kleine Loo menagerie elephantsThe link will automatically include Het kleine Loo menagerie elephants and open a new browser window.


Search more on the Internet Web for Het kleine Loo menagerie elephantsThe link will automatically include Het kleine Loo menagerie elephants and open a new browser window

Categories private in Netherlands | Netherlands Portal | europe Portal


About this documentThis document was updated: 2020-10-30 07:03:11 with valid HTML5 Valid CSS


Elephant Encyclopedia and database
ELEPHANT
ENCYCLOPEDIA

Established 1995
ELEPHANT
DATABASE
Established 2006
Your ip: 18.207.157.152