James M. Cole Circus in United States


James M. Cole Circus
Typecircus
Founded1946
First elephant arrived1946
Last elephant left1957
Closed down1950
CountryUnited States
Random literature
Description

James M. Cole Circus, United States, was founded in 1946 and the first elephant arrived in 1946. The last elephant left in 1957. James M. Cole Circus closed down in 1950.


Comments / pictures

Records about from William "Buckles" Woodcocks Blog at http://www.bucklesw.blogspot.com/
The James M. Cole Circus toured from 1946 thru 1950. Their first elephant "Frieda" was on the show from the start, the other two "Elizabeth" and "Dorothy" were imported in 1947. After the show closed, Mr. Cole retained the elephants as an independent act, 1951-´57, during the time Mr. Dykes pictures were taken, after which all three were sold in 1958 to Hagen Bros. Circus (Howard Suesz)
Buckles


References for records about James M. Cole Circus

Recommended Citation

Koehl, Dan (2021). James M. Cole Circus, Elephant Encyclopedia. Available online at https://www.elephant.se/location2.php?location_id=1819. (archived at the Wayback machine)

Sources used for this article is among others:



Search more with Google for James M. Cole Circus


Search more on the Internet Web for James M. Cole Circus

Categoriescircus in United States | United States portal



This document was updated: 2020-10-30 07:03:11


Elephant Encyclopedia and database
ELEPHANT
ENCYCLOPEDIA

Established 1995
ELEPHANT
DATABASE
Established 2006
Search for keywords
Your ip: 3.231.230.177