Birchard and Co. Menagerie, United States, was founded in 1832. Birchard and Co. Menagerie closed down in 1833.
1830: In October 1830, either Ezra or Harvey Birchard, or both, invested in Macomber and Co and it became Macomber & Birchard.
1832: The partnership was dissolved in March, 1832, and Howe & Birchard emerged as the surviving entity. This same consist was advertised in 1832, though Howe had dropped out and the caravan was titled Birchard & Co. Menagerie.
1833: it became Gregory, Crane &Co.
1835: In 1835, all US menageries became part of The Zoological Institute.