Miller, Mead and Olmstead menagerie, located in United States, was founded in 1833. Miller, Mead and Olmstead menagerie closed down in 1834.
1833: The ship Star from India landed in Philadelphia in early 1833, bearing a full-grown elephant which was eventually given the name Gold Button. John Miller, Abraham Mead and Ira Olmstead formed a menagerie based on this animal.
1834: The title changed to Miller, Mead & Delavan’s Grand Menagerie of Living Animals in 1834. This marks the inclusion of William A. Delavan (1804-1873) as a partner.