Carson and Barnes Circus in United States

Carson and Barnes Circus


Typecircus
AddressBox J
Zip-code74743
PlaceHugo, Oklahama
CountryUnited States
Websitehttp://www.carsonbarnescircus.com/
Random literature

The Carson & Barnes Circus never had more than five elephants under Jack Moore. The 1962 group included Mabel, Jenny, Josky, Wanda and Suzie.

To the uninformed Jack Moore first called his show the Tex Carson Circus and leased his first elephant from D.R. Miller in 1954 "Mabel". By the time this picture was taken he had four, "Mabel", "Josky", "Jenny" and "Suzie" and a new name "Carson & Barnes". To what extent D.R. was involved with this show is unknown.
By 1969 Mr. Moore had passed away and D.R. made a settlement with his widow Angela and thru a complicated set of circumstances took the Carson & Barnes title and placed it on his show which it remains until this day.
The Al G. Kelly & Miller Bros. title remained dormant for the next 15 years until it was revived by David Rawls in an abbreviated form "Kelly Miller Circus".

Source and citings for the article Carson and Barnes Circus

Reference list

Carson and Barnes Circus, Elephant Encyclopedia, Koehl, D. (2009), (available online at https://www.elephant.se/location2.php?location_id=289). (archived at the Wayback machine)

Sources used for this article is among others:



Search more with Google for Carson and Barnes Circus


Search more on the Internet Web for Carson and Barnes Circus
Elephant Encyclopedia and database
ELEPHANT
ENCYCLOPEDIA

Established 1995
ELEPHANT
DATABASE
Established 2006
Search for keywords

Locations of visitors to elephant.se
34.200.226.179