Vienna Imperial Elephant House elephants in Austria


Vienna Imperial Elephant House
Typeprivate

Owner
First elephant arrived1552
Last elephant left1552
Place Wien
Country Austria

Directors

Key People

Veterinarians

Elephant department

Head keepers
of elephants

Elephant keepers
Google map
Random literature
Description

Vienna Imperial Elephant House elephants, in Wien, Austria and the first elephant arrived in 1552. The last elephant left in 1552.


Comments / picturesThe elephant house was located at the corner of Graben and Stephansplatz, on nr 619, known until its demolition 1866 as "The elephant house".

References for records about Vienna Imperial Elephant House

Recommended Citation

Koehl, Dan (2021). Vienna Imperial Elephant House, Elephant Encyclopedia. Available online at https://www.elephant.se/location2.php?location_id=3358. (archived at the Wayback machine)


Search more with Google for Vienna Imperial Elephant House elephantsThe link will automatically include Vienna Imperial Elephant House elephants and open a new browser window.


Search more on the Internet Web for Vienna Imperial Elephant House elephantsThe link will automatically include Vienna Imperial Elephant House elephants and open a new browser window

Categories private in Austria | Austria Portal | europe Portal


About this documentThis document was updated: 2021-07-26 00:09:33 with valid HTML5 Valid CSS


Elephant Encyclopedia and database
ELEPHANT
ENCYCLOPEDIA

Established 1995
ELEPHANT
DATABASE
Established 2006
Your ip: 44.201.94.72