Cristiani Brothers Circus, United States
, was founded in 1953 and the first elephant arrived in 1953. The last elephant left in 1960. Cristiani Brothers Circus closed down in 1960.
"Dailey Bros. owner Ben Davenport
gave daughter Norma five elephants--Norma, Mary, Maude, Bessie and Konti--in 1950 as a wedding present after she married Pete Cristiani.
They became the Norma Cristiani
elephants and were used on various circuses and Shrine dates until (according to Norma) she sold them to Beatty-Cole in 1960."
Pete and Norma had sold the five Norma Cristiani
elephants to the Beatty-Cole show in the late 1950s. The Norma Davenport (Cristiani) Five act went to Beatty-Cole during he winter of 1959-1960. Steve Fanning
came with the act and was boss of the Herd