Al G-Kelly Miller Brothers Circus in United States


Present selection >>>
Al G-Kelly Miller Brothers Circus
Typecircus
Founded1938
Place Hugo
Region Oklahoma
Country United States
Random literature
Description

Al G-Kelly Miller Brothers Circus, in Hugo, United States , was founded in 1938.


Comments / picturesThe Al G. Kelly Miller Brothers Circus was created in 1938 by Obert Miller and his sons Kelly and Dory. The show eventually was closed and the Millers went on to purchase the Carson and Barnes Circus (still operated by the family today), along with other shows. The original name of their first show was reincarnated under leadership of David Rawls in 1984, operated until 2006. At one point in the 1980s, the name was shortened simply to "Kelly Miller Circus." In 2007, the show was purchased by John Ringling North II, grandson of Mabel Ringling (sister to the Ringling Brothers).

From its new beginnings in 1984, the show has leased elephants from the Carson and Barnes Circus. No elephants have been owned following its closure by Obert Miller decades earlier.

1952: Listed in the menagerie are 23 elephants

References for records about Al G-Kelly Miller Brothers Circus

Recommended Citation

Koehl, Dan (2021). Al G-Kelly Miller Brothers Circus, Elephant Encyclopedia. Available online at https://www.elephant.se/location2.php?location_id=735. (archived at the Wayback machine)


Search more with Google for Al G-Kelly Miller Brothers CircusThe link will automatically include Al G-Kelly Miller Brothers Circus and open a new browser window.


Search more on the Internet Web for Al G-Kelly Miller Brothers CircusThe link will automatically include Al G-Kelly Miller Brothers Circus and open a new browser window

Categories circus in United States | United States Portal | northamerica Portal


About this documentThis document was updated: 2020-10-30 07:03:11 with valid HTML5 Valid CSS


Elephant Encyclopedia and database
ELEPHANT
ENCYCLOPEDIA

Established 1995
ELEPHANT
DATABASE
Established 2006
Your ip: 3.234.211.61