Fairbury, at the turn of the century, was home to the Campbell Bros. Circus. At one time, the Campbell Bros. Circus was the second largest circus in the world, featuring many daring acts and exotic animals. From 1885 to 1913, the circus winter-quartered in Fairbury and each spring, at the beginning of it's show season, a circus parade was held downtown featuring juggling acts, acrobats, circus animals and a daring hot air balloon launch. The circus traveled by train throughout the country and was the model by which many modern-day circus acts are patterned after. A full-scale mural featuring the circus parade is located downtown on the historic square.