Api Elephant Domestication Center, in Api, Congo, was founded in 1899 and the first elephant arrived in 1902. The last elephant left in 1930. Api Elephant Domestication Center closed down in 1930.
Elephants were caught at the elephant hunting reserve of the Bas Uele.
For many years all capture and training operations were coordinated by Commandant P.P.M. Offerman.
1910: 35 elephants.
1930: All elephants moved to Gangala-na-bodio some 250 miles east on Api.