Tel Aviv Zoo, located in Tel Aviv, in Israel, was founded in 1938. The last elephant left in 1980. Tel Aviv Zoo closed down in 1981.
The Tel Aviv Zoo was a zoo founded in 1938 and located in central Tel Aviv, then part of Palestine and later part of Israel. The zoo closed in 1980 and the animals were moved to the Zoological Center of Tel Aviv-Ramat Gan. The Gan Ha'Ir shopping mall now occupies the zoo's site.