Chhat Bir Zoo (Mahinder Singh Zoological park), located in Zirakpur, in India.
At Chhat Bir Zoo (Mahinder Singh Zoological park) lives 5 elephants with records in this database: (detail list)
2010: The zoo had 6 (2 males and 4 females) elephants, the age class ranged from 3 to 62 years, and with a mean age of 38 (SE= 10). The female ages ranged from 28 to 60, mean age being 41 (SE=9.2).
The oldest elephants were:
1. Rajkali, female, 60 years old, seized in 1999 from a wandering “mahant”.
2. Rajmangal, male, 62 years old, seized in 1998 from a “sadhu”.
Both have lived 11 and 12 years, respectively in the zoo.
The other four elephants were:
3. Parvati, female, 45 years, wild caught in Assam in 1977. Living in zoo- 33 years.
4. Hema, female, 29 years, wild caught in Assam in 1995. Living in zoo - 15 years.
5. Maya, female, 28 years, wild caught in Assam in 1995. Living in zoo -15 years.
6. Rajveer, male, 3 years old and born in the zoo in 2007.
Of the six individuals, three were wild caught, two were rescued and one elephant was captive born