Sangers Great European Shows-Hugo Bros-Harris Bros-Gentry Bros (Floyd and Howard King), located in United States, was founded in 1919. Sangers Great European Shows-Hugo Bros-Harris Bros-Gentry Bros (Floyd and Howard King) closed down in 1929.
1919: Floyd King went to Enid, Okla., and bought the Campbell Bros. Circus, including two tents, two horses and two cars.
1920: That August they bought their first elephant, Little Hipp, which had been in vaudeville, and it cost nearly as much as the whole show had cost the year before.
1921: Then in March, 1921, that first bull died. Meanwhile, the Kings bought an elephant for 1921 from Mugivan. During the season it was staked beside the cars one night in Ohio and glutted itself on spoiled apples piled nearby. Over night in the baggage car it swelled so much that it could hardly get out of the door the next day at Ashland, O. Then, having walked to the lot, it died. That was 1921, a year the show had a good spring, made Eastern Canada but didnt do so well coming out of there. (Bandwagon)
1921: Late in 1921 the Sanger paper was gone so this became Hugo Bros. Circus.
1922: Eagerness for animals prompted the Kings to seek out old illiterate M. L. Clark. Southern mud show operator, with a deal for 1922. Clark brought on the elephant Mena as well as a camel, two lions, ponies and a puma and 20 monkeys for which he was paid $5,000 as percentage on the seasons gross.
1924: for that season it was called Harris Bros. Circus.
1925: Henry and Floyd King took over Gentry Brothers Shows (owned since 1922 by James Patterson) and used the Gentry name.
1929: Finally the show went into receivership in 1929.