Circus Barum, located at Braunschweiger Str. 2, in Einbeck, in Germany, was founded in 1878. Circus Barum closed down in 2008.
1878: Founded by animal trader Carl Froese in Königsberg as Barums amerikanische Karawanen-Menagerie. Later also known as Circus Kreiser and after 1972 labelled as Circus Simoneit-Barum.
1907: Carl Froese died.
1907: Carl Froeses daughter took over with her husband, the animal trainer Arthur Kreiser.
1935: Their daughter Margarete Kreiser-Barum took over the show.
1972: Margarete Kreiser-Barum sold the circus to the famous animal trainer Gerd Simoneit, who had started as animal keeper at Circus Williams 1946, 15 years old. Circus was renamed to Circus Simoneit-Barum.
2008: Circus Simoneit-Barum closed down. After the circus closed, his daughter Rebecca Simoneit-Barum took over some animals to her Event-Agentur Barum and Bauer Performance. The circus winterquarters in Braunschweiger Str. 2, 37574 Einbeck, Germany, was sold to circus Charles Knie.