Rajaji National Park is located in Haridwar, India
In 1983, three wildlife sanctuaries in the area namely, Chilla, Motichur and Rajaji sanctuaries were merged into one, Rajaji National Park, named after independent Indias second governor-general, Chakravarti Rajagopalachari (1878-1972).
Final approval was accorded to Kudremukh (Karnataka) and Rajaji (Uttarakhand) for declaring as a tiger reserve in 15th April, 2015. Rajaji Tiger Reserve became the second tiger reserve in Uttarakhand.
Theres several elephants camp within the park, like Camp King Elephant camp and Chilla Elephant camp
2012: In 2012, there were 1,559 elephants in Uttarakhand.
2017: elephant population rose to 1,839 by 2017.
2020: In June, according to the elephant census, the numbers of the elephants in the state had reached 2,026.