Panamure elephant kraal, located at Panamure, Embilipitiya, in Sabaragamuwa, Sri Lanka
, was founded in 1896. Panamure elephant kraal closed down in 1950.
Panamure, a Kraal situated within the 99,000 acre forest land owned by Sir Francis Molamure had been a flourishing Kraal town since 1896, equipped with its own post office and police station and many businesses to accommodate the Kraal builder, elephant handlers, log cutters and many service men gathered to maintain this mammoth Kraal of 200 acres. It was built surrounding a perennial spring, which attracted many herds of elephants in the area and was proven to be a very successful kraal until the year of 1950.
Elephant Kraals were held at this site in 1896, 1898, 1902, 1907, 1912, 1914, 1918, 1922, 1924, 1929, 1944 and the last in 1950.