Asa G. Candler Jr, located at Druid Hills estate, in Atlanta, in United States and the first elephant arrived in 1932. The last elephant left in 1935.
In his later years, Asa Candler Jr., the eccentric second son of the Coca-Cola co-founder, collected exotic birds and animals, which he housed on the grounds of his Druid Hills estate in Atlanta.
As noted in Secret Formula, by Frederick Allen, Candler's "menagerie eventually included four fully grown adult elephants, which he named Coca, Cola, Pause, and Refreshes, and which he used in harness on one occasion to plow the ground for his kitchen garden.
When the neighbors finally succeeded in forcing him to get rid of his personal zoo - one of the many lawsuits he faced was filed by a neighbor who was bitten by a fugitive baboon - he gave the entire collection to the city, thereby founding the Atlanta Zoo."
In 1948, the Candlers sold the estate to the General Services Administration for use as a veterans hospital, which never materialized. Instead, the Georgian Clinic (later known as the DeKalb County Addiction Center) opened there as the first alcohol treatment facility in the state, later developed to the Georgia Mental Health Institute.