Hamid-Morton Circus, located at 3016 Tremont Avenue, in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, United States, was founded in 1932.
George A. Hamid Sr. was born in the little town of Broumana, Lebanon in February 1896. 1932 was a pivotal year for Hamid when he, along with veteran Circus Producer, Bob Morton, combined their respective shows and formed Hamid-Morton Circus.
When Robert Morton passed away in 1957 ownership of the circus passed into the sole control of the Hamid family where it remains today. George, Sr. operated the show from 1957 until his death in 1971.
In 1997, George, Jr. went into semi-retirement and Hamid-Morton became Hamid Circus, Inc. under the ownership of his son James M. Hamid, whos son James M. Hamid, Jr.Sr. is Vice President and Production Manager.