Forepaugh-Sells Show, United States, was founded in 1896. Forepaugh-Sells Show closed down in 1911.
1896: James Bailey, owner of the Barnum & Bailey Show, and also owner of the Adam Forepaugh show, entered into partnership with the Sells Brothers, (Ephraim, Lewis and Peter Sells) who owned the Sells Brothers show. They formed the Adam Forepaugh & Sells Brothers Great Consolidated Shows. , later Adam Forepaugh and Sells Bros. Circus. In 1898 Ephraim Sells, the eldest of the three brothers, died and W.W. Cole (a part owner of the Barnum and Bailey Circus) became the new fourth partner in the show. This partnership lasted until 1904 when Peter Sells died and Lewis Sells and W.W. Cole sold their interest to James Bailey.
1900: the big male "Sid" killed Elephant Supt. Patrick Meager in Madison Sq. Garden.
1900-1902: Bill Emory elephant boss.
1902: Forepaugh-Sells show carried two African elephants, a male and a female, Mike and Topsy).
1905: 13 elephants. Bailey, by then the sole proprietor of the circus, set up an auction of the show’s equipment but ended up purchasing everything back and sold half of the interest to the Ringling Brothers.
1906: Ringling’s acquired complete ownership of the show from Bailey’s widow.
1908: pulled off the road for the 1908-1909 season.
1910: the title was revived by the brothers but for a year only. The circus toured for the last time in 1911.
1911: 14 elephants. From Buckles Woodcocks blog:
1912: 7 elephants to Ringling brothers: 1. Ringling Nellie, 2. Columbia (Victoria), 3. Veneda (Venita, Vanita, Jenny), 4. Sells Duchess (Dutch), 5. Sells Queen, 6. Romeo, and 7 ?.