Cole Brothers-Clyde Beatty Circus , United States
, opened for public in 1935 and the first elephant arrived in 1935. The last elephant left in 1949. Cole Brothers-Clyde Beatty Circus closed down in 1949.
Chang Reynolds and Bob Bernard, noted elephant historians, have clarified by name, number, and time of arrival the elephants coming to the Cole show by way of the Hall Farm. Of course the 3 elephants coming to the new show by way of the Standard Oil Live Power show at the Chicago Worlds Fair were originally from the Hall Farm and were named Tony, Big Katie, and Juno, however, we are concerned here with the 18 purchased from the Hall Estate after the show was organized. The initial 6, which came with the purchase of the Robbins Bros. equipment in December, 1934, were Blanche, Little Babe, Big Jenny, Tommy, Ding, and Boo. The first three named were part of the Robbins Bros. property held by Hall and the latter 3 were owned and sold by Halls widow. After the 1935 season opened nine more were purchased and added to the show at Detroit. These were Mary, Sidney, Wilma, Little Katie, George, Nellie, Little Jenny, Anna May, and Tessie. The final 3 elephants purchased from Hall late in 1935 were Major, Trilby, and Alice.
(The Cole show) .
..arranged to rent Allen King
and his animal act, 3 elephants, George, Katie, and Barney [...] Allen King
left Rice Bros. at end of the season but never returned to the Cole show. Later in 1942 he had his own motorized show, King Bros. Circus, on the road for that season.