Museum of Natural Sciences of Belgium, located at Rue Vautier / Vautierstraat 29, in City of Brussels, Belgium, was founded in 1846.
The Museum of Natural Sciences was founded on 31 March 1846, as a descendant of the Musée de Bruxelles of 1802. It was based on the collection established by Prince Charles Alexander of Lorraine, dating from the 18th century. Belgian scientist and politician Bernard du Bus de Gisignies became the first director of the museum in 1846, and on this occasion, he donated 2474 birds from his own collection to the museum.
One of the permanent exhibitions is Of Men and Mammoths: about the evolution of man and about the last ice age in Western Europe.