Barnum and Baileys circus European tour, located in United States, was founded in 1897 and the first elephant arrived in 1897. The last elephant left in 1902. Barnum and Baileys circus European tour closed down in 1902.
Eighteen elephants, ten large and eight younger, were under the supervision of George Conklin, George Beattie and George Bates. In total, six elephants died during the tour and none of the four males displayed returned to the United States.